, , , , , , , , , ,

I really enjoyed the quiet strength of this birth. A mother of three other little ones, Priscilla is one of those mothers’ that gets the job done. I’ll admit to a lot of funny events leading into the literal run to the delivery room.

I had talked to the Dr. earlier in the week and it had been decided that they were going to go ahead and induce on Friday. Originally, when I booked this birth I was aware that we were super close to my best friends’ wedding (March 4th). So, when the decision was made for the induction to be on the day before the wedding I was pretty much dealing with a freaking out bride all day. A lot of planning had gone into the weekend for my children because I didn’t think my youngest would sit through the wedding. The choice was made for him to go to his grandmother’s house for the weekend and I had said he was going to be dropped off at 4:30 p.m. I had laid down to take a nap knowing this was going to be a long weekend so I was unaware that at 12:45 p.m. Justin had left to take Liam down to Martinsville (30 minutes min. drive away). I woke up to a text message from the Doctor at 12:55 saying she’d broken moms’ water and asked if I was close by. I said yes I was at home just waiting. I got up and went hunting for Justin while chatting with the bride on the phone to update her. In an instant of “Oh crud” moments, I realized that Justin was gone and my camera was in the back of the SUV. I called him and told him to turn around immediately and bring it back to me. Hanging up the phone I called my best friend back saying things like “I can’t believe I left my camera in the car.” and then changing to “I can’t believe he left without telling me.” My phone buzzed at 1:44 p.m. with the message, “Ready.” from the Doctor and I think I let out every bad word in my vocabulary as I hung up on Sara and called Justin back and begged him to fly like the wind. I’m pretty sure I told him I didn’t care how many tickets he got just get back here. I still don’t know how he did it but in five minutes flat he made it back to Mooresville and I ran into the hospital at 2:06 p.m. smashed the call button and walked into the room composed as can be. Baby Winston made his entrance at 2:11 p.m.

        (Per mother’s request I will not be posting pictures of his actual birth)

The amazing part about this little one is that the parents did not know if the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. It was quite exciting to find out when HE arrived. Winston was my first baby boy birth and he was such a cutie pie. He had gorgeous red hair and the sweetest little pouty lip. He took a big gulp of his “pool water” on the way out so it took a minute to get going but he figured it out very well. He was a very quiet baby, which I think had to do with the fact that he had three siblings poking and prodding and shouting around his “house” when he was inside mommy. When the nurses were trying to make him mad to clear his lungs it wasn’t working very well and I honestly think it’s because of the brother and sisters.

When the nurses were looking Winston over, giving him the ok, and waiting for the scale I snuck around the room and I was able to get an adorable picture of daddy tucking mommy’s feet in because she was cold. I thought it was a sweet moment between two parents. They were old pros at this birth business. Bets were made about how much little Winston would weigh and how long he was going to be. I loved the fact that right after having a baby, it was time to eat. I guess because I had both of mine after a super long labor I just wanted to sleep, but Priscilla was ready for food. I’d say after 6 hours of labor she’d earned it. Winston weighed 7 lbs 13.5 oz and was 19.5 inches long.

About an hour after he was born and had eaten his first meal in the outside world (and I got to hold him. *I love my job). Winstons’ brother and sisters arrived to meet him. They were super hoping for a girl and they were NOT happy that he was a boy. I think the sisters got over it pretty quickly because they were super excited to hold him. I think my favorite part of the day was at the end before I left, the group of older kids crowded up on the bed with mommy while she was trying to eat, squirreling away bits of her food. She just laughed and shrugged her shoulders while handing off cantaloupe to her oldest.

Congratulations to the entire family on the arrival of baby Winston. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. You have a beautiful family.

Winston born 3-3-2017 at 2:11 p.m. weighing 7 lbs 13.5 oz and was 19.5 inches long